"I'm going to turn dining back into eating / I like food / Food tastes good"--Descendents

Friday, August 7, 2009

Strawberry Cupcakes

I made these a couple days ago. They're also from Martha Stewart's Cupcakes. That book rocks. I want to rip out all the cupcake pictures & frame them. Especially because I passed on a hideous painting of a sad-eyed pug wearing a jacket at Marshall's today. I might go back & get it, it was only $9.99 & would provide me hours of amusement. Almost as much amusement as the anatomically correct pug statuette Emily & I bought for Kara from Goodwill.

Anyways, the cake part of these is awesome, despite the fact that I almost lost a finger chopping strawberries into tiny pieces. I was so fed up with it that I only put in half what the recipe called for. My sister ate like 3 before I even made the frosting.

The frosting...eh. It's not totally disgusting, but it's definitely not how I wanted it to turn out, but I'm not quite sure what's off about it.

I guess I'll have to buy ugly dog paintings to make myself feel better.
The good part.

Fresh strawberries from the farmers' market! I also bought olive oil, parsley, blackberries (which I ate all by myself), & a block of cheese (which I also ate all by myself because I have a dairy problem).

No comments:

Post a Comment