"I'm going to turn dining back into eating / I like food / Food tastes good"--Descendents

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dog Days

Remember the ugly pug painting I was talking about? I went back to Marshall's yesterday afternoon with my aunt & bought it. I've been staring at it ever since. It really is quite hideous in the best way possible.



Look at those sad eyes! Now imagine them staring at you while you sit in my living room.

I know that my decorating sense (a shrine to all things kitschy & tacky--I adore black velvet paintings) may not appeal to some or all people, but I can't help it. I'm also going back to Ross for tiki face cups. Because I am totally 70 years old. And batshit crazy. Come over & we'll have tea out on the lanai.

I'm so excited to have a whole apartment to decorate (well, co-decorate--I have 3 roommates) in the fall! Because it's still campus housing, it's ugly as sin, so I will have to jazz it up a little bit. I'll have to hit up the Goodwill when I get there to find more eyesores. And by "eyesores" I mean "beauties."

By the way, if anyone dares to say anything derogatory about my darling pug, I'm going to say that I painted it.

1 comment:

  1. I love it.
    I love pugs.
    XD.
    I probably wouldn't but it though...yeah...deffinitly not.

    ReplyDelete